Q: Are there any regulations about having a pet inside city limits?
Ordinance 686-12 prohibits any person from allowing their dog or cat to run at large. “Running at large” is defined to be the presence of a dog or cat at any place except upon the premises of the owner or possessor. A dog or cat, however, shall not be considered to be running at large if it is on a leash and thereby under the control of a person physically able to control it.
Ordinance 664-11 prohibits keeping, harboring, owning, or possessing in any way, within the corporate limits of the City of New Bloomfield, any pit bull. Pit bull dog is defined to include: Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed, American Pit Bull Terrier breed, American Staffordshire Terrier breed, and any mixed breed of dog which contains as an element of its breeding or has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly of the breeds previously listed.
Ordinance 686-12 prohibits any person or household to own, possess, or harbor, at one location within the city, more than a total of four (4) dogs or cats over the age of four (4) months.
Ordinance 715-14 prohibits the keeping of undomesticated animals including poultry, fowl, swine, livestock, bovine or equine animals in city limits except for properly licensed veterinary treatment facilities.
GENERAL CITY ORDINANCES TO KNOW:
· Ord. 729-15 Lawns must be maintained and grass/vegetation kept less than eight (8) inches, this includes private property (and culverts/ditches) all the way up to the street.
· Ord. 547-04 Garage sales may only last three consecutive days, and residents are only allowed three garage sales per year.
· Ord. 596-05 Building permits are required from the City for any structure that is more than one hundred square feet (10x10) of usable floor space. (Does not include decks, patios, or concrete pads). Permits can be obtained at City Hall.
· Ord. 528-02 Speed limit within City limits is 25 mph unless otherwise posted.
· Ord. 568-04 No person shall allow any partially dismantled, wrecked, junked, discarded or otherwise non-operating motor vehicle to remain on property longer than ten days; does not apply with regard to any vehicle in an enclosed building or so located upon the premises as not to be readily visible from any public place or from any surrounding private property.
Q: How can I contact the Mayor or my Alderman?
If you have questions regarding general city matters including water/sewer/trash billing please contact City Hall first. The City staff is available during regular business hours to assist you. The Mayor and Aldermen are not always available, but you can leave a message at City Hall for any of them.
Mayor Terry Shaw can be reached at 573-491-3614.
Alderman Ward I Gary Hoelscher can be reached at 573-491-3614.
Alderman Ward I Bryan Manes can be reached at 573-491-3614.
Alderman Ward II Martha Siegel can be reached at 573-491-3470.
Alderman Ward II Rosemary Augustine can be reached at 573-544-4232.
Q; Is recycling available in New Bloomfield?
The City of New Bloomfield does not have recycling bins right now.
Q: What are the Post Office hours?
New Bloomfield Post Office is located on Chestnut Street right across from the City Park. Its hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to Noon
The lobby is open 24 hours so post office box holders can check their mail any time.
Q: What hours is City Hall open?
City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The office closes from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm for lunch.
While we maintain every effort possible to ensure City Hall is open every day, there are times when the office is closed due to the minimal staff on hand. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: When are Board of Alderman meetings?
City of New Bloomfield Board of Alderman meetings are held the Third Tuesday of every month at 6:00 pm at City Hall. Citizens are welcome to attend. If you would like to address the Council, please submit a request to be added to the agenda to the City Clerk two weeks in advance of the next council meeting.
Q: When is my water, sewer and trash bill due?
- Payment for water/sewer/trash services is due before the close of the business day, 5:00 pm, on the 15th of every month. Payment received after that time will result in a penalty being assessed of 10% of the total bill or a minimum charge of $5.00 (five dollars), whichever is greater. If the 15th falls on a weekend, payment must be received by 5:00pm on the next business day to avoid late fees.
- If full payment plus penalties is not received by the close of the business day, 5:00 pm on the 25th, a fee of $50.00 will be automatically assessed on the account to begin the disconnect procedure regardless of whether the service is physically disconnected or not. Any account remaining unpaid after the close of the business day on the 25th will have water service disconnected the following day. Reconnection of water will occur the following business day only after all associated fees and penalties have been paid in full. If the 25th falls on a weekend, payment must be received by 5:00 pm on the next business day to avoid the disconnect process and penalty being assessed.
Water, sewer, and trash are all included on one bill for customer's convenience. You should receive your bill the first week of each month. If you do not receive your bill during that time, it is your responsibility to contact City Hall to ask how much your utility service cost that month and to pay it on time.
Q: When will my trash be picked up?
· Trash pick-up is every Wednesday morning. Trash receptacles may be set out at the curb Tuesday after 4:00 p.m. and should be removed from the curb by 6:00 p.m. the day of trash collection per the City ordinance.
· If there is a major holiday during the work week, trash service is always pushed back to Thursdays. If your trash has not been picked up on Wednesday and there was a holiday in the week, leave it out for Thursday morning pickup.
· Your trash service is provided by Allied Waste Services and is billed by the City of New Bloomfield. You should not receive a separate bill from Allied Waste. If you do, please contact City Hall.
· A trash receptacle is provided by Allied Waste Services. If you have any issues with trash service call City Hall.
· Once a year (typically late Spring/early Summer) Allied will offer a “Spring Clean Up” at which time you are able to place miscellaneous household items out for pick up. Notices will be sent out prior to the scheduled date providing the date and guidelines for this service.
When/where is New Bloomfield Municipal court held?
New Bloomfield Municipal Court is held at City Hall located at 501 Glenwood Drive one Monday of every month at 5:30 pm. It is typically the first Monday of the month but this is subject to change. It is best to call and confirm the court date if you have been issued a citation and need to attend.
If you wish to enter a plea of guilty and not attend court, you may do so by paying the fines and costs PRIOR to your assigned court date. Payment can be mailed payable to New Bloomfield Municipal Court, PO Box 77, New Bloomfield, MO 65063.
You can also pay online at www.newbloomfieldmopymt.com or by phone at 1-800-701-8560. You will need your citation number and amount due when using those services.
Q: Where/How do I pay my bill?
PAYMENTS LEFT in the OVERNIGHT BOX ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ~ the City IS not responsible for any PAYMENTS left in the overnight box.
- Leave payment in the night drop box located outside of City Hall at 501 Glenwood or
- Mail to the City Hall at PO Box 77, New Bloomfield, MO 65063
(do not mail to 501 Glenwood) or
- Drop payment off at City Hall during business hours (8:30am to 5:00pm). The office is closed from Noon to 1:00 pm for lunch.
- You can also pay with debit/credit card by calling 1-800-701-8560 or online at www.newbloomfieldmopymt.com.
Q: Who provides phone service to New Bloomfield?
The only land line phone services available for New Bloomfield are with CenturyLink, other than cable service providers.